Consists of three knowledge development sections, three practical application sessions and four training dives. Designed for the diver transitioning from recreational diving to technical diving.
The PADI Tec 40 course is where you transition from recreational scuba diving to technical diving. It is a great place to start because it is the first subdivision of the full PADI Tec Diver course and bridges the gap between no stop diving and full technical deep decompression diving. You gain experience and begin building the knowledge and skills you need to continue your tec diver training. You will qualify to make limited decompression dives to 40 metres.
To enroll in the Tec 40 course, you must be:
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
- A PADI Enriched Air Diver with at least 10 dives using enriched air deeper than 18 metres
- A PADI Deep Diver or proof of at least 10 dives to 30 metres
- At least 18 years old and have a minimum of 30 logged dives
You also need to have a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply – ask your PADI Tec Deep Instructor.
The Tec 40 course consists of three knowledge development sections, three practical application sessions and four training dives. You will learn about:
- Technical diving’s risks and responsibilities
- Technical diving equipment, proper rigging and set up
- Gas planning, oxygen limits and decompression planning
- Team diving techniques and emergency procedures, such as dealing with free flows, manifold leaks and out of gas situations
You will start with your basic scuba diving equipment and add technical equipment, which essentially means you will begin to double up on gear. You may dive with backmounted or sidemounted cylinders. Your PADI Tec Instructor may have you dive with EANx for additional conservatism.
Contact litefisk and get your Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak that includes a PADI Tec Deep Diver Manual, which you can start reading right away. You can also get an Equipment Set-up and Key Skills video, which is a great tool to help you practice skills between your tec diving adventures. You will continue to use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak through your Tec 45 and Tec 50 courses.